Nurturing & Supporting Media Arts in the Peace Region
The Peace Region Independent Media Arts Association is a non-profit society founded in 2013 to support and develop film and digital media artists throughout the Peace Region of Northern Alberta & BC. We exist to support original media artists of all kinds:
- Filmmaking, Directing, Acting, Film Crafts
- Audio Production, Music, Composing
- Visual Effects, Digital Arts
- More (we kept it vague on purpose)
DEFINITION OF MEDIA ART
The Alberta Media Arts Alliance (of which PRIMAA is a member organization) defines media art as independent artist initiated and controlled use of film, video, new media, audio/sound art and related media. PRIMAA supports this broad definition and exists to nurture media arts in the Peace Region.
Several of our members are involved in commercial video production, narrative filmmaking, photography, and audio production, among others, and are industry-recognized or have productions showing at various film festivals or other high profile mediums.
- To benefit the Peace Region by contributing to the cultural opportunities made possible through the presentation of independent media arts.
- To promote the appreciation of the aesthetic value of media arts.
- To educate, train and develop aesthetic and technical skills in media arts.
- To accomplish the foregoing objects, in part, by assisting in the production of Peace Region independent media arts.
Member benefits include the following:
- Access to PRIMAA's Members-Only forums and optional free listing in PRIMAA's Online Member Directory (for 18+ members only)
- Access to all PRIMAA member events and workshops
- Access to PRIMAA's members-only Gear Rental Program
- Discounted rates for PRIMAA events like the Frantic48 and Frightening48
- Discounted festival pass rate for the Reel Shorts Film Festival
- Free access to PRIMAA's monthly Film Stew film project development group
- Voting privileges at our AGM
- Access to social networking events and our newsletter
IMPORTANT: You will need a PayPal account or valid credit card to complete the online registration.
PRIMAA exists to nurture and expand independent media arts in the Peace Region by providing access to education, collaboration, resources, and exhibition.
Filmmaker Cam Belseth shared his knowledge during an equipment demonstration at PRIMAA’s 2013 open house.
Grande Prairie Filmmaker Rory Mells was was on hand to mug for the camera.